cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing serializers block
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:16:38 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to release the 2.2 version of the serializers block
>> (consisting of two modules).
>>
>> Is anything preventing us from releasing this?
>
> No I don't think so. After rereading the original thread about this
> block (see http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/z63kh2sx3u4spxo7) I just
> wonder if the mentioned Xalan bugs haven't been fixed in the meantime.
Yes, maybe - but as the last release is very old, I would not count on that.

> The second question that came to mind was whether we should make the
> serializers-charset module an OSGi bundle. And we should change the
> namespace to org.apache.cocoon.serializers.* for both modules.
+1 for OSGi, I'll do that
I'm not sure for the packages as this might be incompatible to 2.1.x?

>> What's the procedure to release the block?
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html describes the technical details.
> You should be able to use
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon/8/cocoon-8.pom as
> parent POM (but I'm not sure about this because usually we use the
> cocoon-blocks-modules as parent POM).
Ah ok, thanks!

> We also need to test that the serializers-impl Avalon sitemap components
> work with Cocoon 2.2 or even better, migrate them to Spring (but I don't
> consider the migration being absolutely necessary).
Yes, that would be great :) I think I tested this a long time ago...but
hopefully I'll be able to do that again

> After releasing it I can help out with updating the documentation -
> maybe you can add a few paragraphs to
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g3/g5/1252.html.
Cool, thanks!

Carsten