cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing serializers block
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:41:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to release the 2.2 version of the serializers block
> (consisting of two modules).
>
> Is anything preventing us from releasing this?

No I don't think so. After rereading the original thread about this
block (see http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/z63kh2sx3u4spxo7) I just
wonder if the mentioned Xalan bugs haven't been fixed in the meantime.

The second question that came to mind was whether we should make the
serializers-charset module an OSGi bundle. And we should change the
namespace to org.apache.cocoon.serializers.* for both modules.

> What's the procedure to release the block?

http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html describes the technical details.
You should be able to use
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon/8/cocoon-8.pom as
parent POM (but I'm not sure about this because usually we use the
cocoon-blocks-modules as parent POM).

We also need to test that the serializers-impl Avalon sitemap components
work with Cocoon 2.2 or even better, migrate them to Spring (but I don't
consider the migration being absolutely necessary).

After releasing it I can help out with updating the documentation -
maybe you can add a few paragraphs to
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g3/g5/1252.html.