cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URLStreamHandler
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:07:41 GMT
Jos Snellings wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently looking if a minimal cocoon distribution could be
> deployed under Google AppEngine.
> Unfortunately, java.net.URLStreamHandler is not on the whitelist.
> Any idea how 'hard' it would be to lift this dependency (java.net.URL
> and URLConnection can be used)?
> I guess GAE just wants to keep its applications from opening connections
> on any server with any protocol.

The problem is that we use the URLStreamHandler to register servlet: and
blockcontext: URL schemes. See
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/jnet/1.1/1468_1_1.html

If you can go without them, you could just remove the dependency on
Cocoon JNet but I think that this would make it very difficult to run
Cocoon 3 web applications.