cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Mitchell <...@happygiraffe.net>
Subject Re: Listener in cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:27:18 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Thorsten Scherler <
thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what is the best way to implement a Listener in cocoon 2.2?
>
> I our use case we have a "listener" uri that got dispatched by an
> external application to notify that some resources have changed and
> invalid our cache for that resource.
>
> The thing is that the uri do not have to/will not return anything in the
> body only in the request header.
>
> The current solution which was presented to us uses a custom generator
> which will not output anything. That just does not feel right.
>
> I did a small test with
> <map:match pattern="notify">
>  <map:act type="notify"/>
>  <map:generate src="notify.xml"/>
>  <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> but that is just to make it work the normal cocoon way. The notify.xml
> is a dummy and I am not really thrilled about that neither.
>
> Using flow seems to be as well too much since we just want a simple
> listener that returns only http header.

Last time I needed something like this I used the "empty:" source.  Combined
with a reader, that should do the track.

  <map:match pattern="notify">
    <map:read src="empty:" />
  </map:match>

This is untested — I can't remember if there are any quirks.

-Dom