cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Laurent Medioni" <lmedi...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.1.11- XSP compiled in Java 1.3 when running Cocoon with a 1.6 JVM and using the Eclipse compiler
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:46:53 GMT
Should we also replace, in Cocoon 2.1.x, JDT 3.1 with 3.5 ?
As 3.1 does not know about 1.6 and 3.5 still support Java 1.1 ;)
We use 3.5 since a few weeks and have not detected any issue...

Laurent

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agssa.net]
Sent: lundi, 31. août 2009 22:45
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon 2.1.11- XSP compiled in Java 1.3 when running Cocoon with a 1.6 JVM and
using the Eclipse compiler

El 31/08/09 04:54, Laurent Medioni escribió:
> Anyway I think that EclipseJavaCompiler should be modified to properly handle 1.6 without
reverting to 1.3 by default (even if the 2 additional jdt properties look more cosmetic than
critical for the generated code).

+1 Would you provide a patch. I think it should not be too dificult.
BTW, The java 1.3 was set to default value, due historical reasons.
Perhaps it is time to switch that too. :)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

 This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
 Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
 Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
 An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
 If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.