cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: rapid application development with rcl
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:32:57 GMT
On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 15:29 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:

> >> Why do you have to put Java code into the webapp at all?
> >
> > Not talking about the java code that is the bad thing. I am talking
> > about normal xsl/sitemap changes. :(
>
> I use the webapp only as a container for the blocks, it doesn't contain
> any code at all. There is a "welcome" block which is mounted at / as an
> entry point.

Definitely a clean workaround. ;) How do you deal with the fact that the
mount does not provide a pass-trough attribute anymore? I mean in 2.1 I
can mount different maps which are looked into and if no match can be
found there they are coming back to the parent sitemap and look for the
next mount/match. That is a problem that we face in forrest with the
switch to 2.2.

> That works quite well, but the class loader incompatibilities (e.g. for
> session attributes) are still a real PITA (cannot cast class Foo to Foo) :(

How did you worked around that?

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)