cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Cache overview
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:38:40 GMT
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> Dariusz Łuksza wrote:

>>> +1
>>>

>> And here it is:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12414657/cache-overview-part3-cache-entrys.patch
>>
>> What operation (besides: getValue() and getSize()), would be useful
>> for every cache entry ?
>
> Everything works great, thanks!
>
> There is one thing that I would like to see changed: You set the
> jmx-group-name in the cache key. I would prefer if this would do the
> pipeline itself instead because imo jmx is not the cache key's concern.
> The second reason is that your implementation only works by accident
> because you can access the <pipeline> parameters (in this case
> 'jmx-group-name') in components which is a bug IMO.
>
> Instead you can override the setConfiguration() Method in the
> CachingPipeline in order to get access to its parameters and use the
> value in setCachedValue().

In latest patch I've added obtaining "jmx-group-name" parameter to
setConfiguration() in CachingPipeline, so IMHO first part of yours
suggestion is implemented right now. I can't understood second part of
yours suggestion (that connected with setCacheValue()). As far as I
understood it right now, I should set "jmx-group-name" for every
CacheKey that is passed to setCacheValue() and then get that name in
CacheEntrysMonitorInitializer.processCaches(). But if I done that I'll
not separate CacheKey form pipeline parametes, as you suggested above

Could you describe more it more precisely ?

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dariuszluksza