cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] auth
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:09:54 GMT
Jos Snellings wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I coded the functionality of an 'auth' block with:
>   - an action "authenticate", which inserts the valid user in the HttpSession
>   - a custom 'AuthenticationException when login fails
>
> A candidate was 'RESTController'. However, it seems that the setup
> method of a controller is never called. How can one get access to the
> HttpRequest
> from within a controller? I mean, in fact to get access to the session?

You can do

@Inject
private HttpServletRequest request;

> I assume that it poses no problem to mix http and https urls within
> one sitemap? Can you confirm this?

I usually do the encryption using mod_ssl in Apache 2. So your sitemap
can contain http and https urls.

see http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/source-repository.html

> When is the first beta-release for cocoon-3 scheduled?

Last week I've started to apply all available patches. As soon as this
is finished (and of course no other issues pop up in the meantime), I
will start to work on a release. I guess that it will take me a week or
two to get to this point.