cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Statistics module.
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:24:01 GMT
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Currently I'm finishing milestone 3 (actually it is "cache overview")
>> of my GSoC project and I've started to wondering about last part of
>> this project: statistics module.
>>
>> I want that this module would be as much useful as it could be, so the
>> main question is what statistics should be exposed in this module ?
>>
>> One proposition is monitoring of cache. Showing what cache entry's are:
>> * most often read
>> * most often generated
>>
>> I think that having some informations about pipeline usage would be
>> also useful. Right now I think that exposing hit count for every named
>> (it means that it has set "jmx-group-name" parameter) pipeline. This
>> would be useful for proper cache configuration.
>>
>> Any other propositions ?
>
> I think it is a good idea to get an overview of all cache entries that
> are never used at all.
>
> Also a general request counter would be useful (number of request in the
> last 5 minutes, 60 minutes, 24 hours, since system start).

Good suggestions ;). Right now I'm fighting with my self what to do
... write user doc for cache overview or start implementing statistics
module ;)

> Finally a list of all available properties (see the settings bean) would
> be a good idea.

This IMHO should be added into "reconfiguration module" (with right
now is actually "log4j reconfiguration") not into "monitoring module".
I'll try to implement that if I find some time ;)

Any other ideas/suggestions ? ;)
--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org