cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Cache overview
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:29:39 GMT
2009/7/24 Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luksza@gmail.com>:
> 2009/7/21 Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luksza@gmail.com>:

>>> In Cocoon 2.x, a pipeline can have and ID attribute. For the purpose of
>>> drilling down caching entries we could introduce it in 3.0 too. (I've
>>> always wondered about the use case for pipeline ids ...)
>>>

>> Thanks for that tip I'll look on this ASAP ;)
>>

> For our needs every pipeline should have an id parameter, from one
> hand it is very good solution because we get simple way how to divide
> and present cache entry's on JMX and on the other hand I'm not quite
> sure that we can require that parameter for every pipeline and user even if he
> don't use monitoring module
>
> What do you think ?

There is also third solution ... pipeline id parameter can be optional
and we'll publish on JMX _only_ that cache entry's that belongs to
pipeline that have set id parameter. This approach gives us additional
configuration options and can reduce amount of data published on JMX.
IMHO this is the best solution right now.

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dariuszluksza