cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Cache overview
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:52:01 GMT
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If there aren't any additional request to Servlet-Service part of
>> monitoring, I'll move to cache overview, or maybe there are some ? ;)
>>
>> I think that that part I'll divide to three or four smaller parts that
>> would be easier to achieve. So first part would be getting list of
>> configured caches and expose them on JMX with additional features like
>> refresh and reload them. Next part would be getting list of used cache
>> keys (I think that one would be the easiest ;)). After that I'll tray
>> to add additional information to CacheKey that would gave possibility
>> of dividing them in to separate nodes that would group them in to
>> logically organized group eg. based on request url (that part would be
>> the hardest I think ;)).
>
> We could also group by usage. It's important to see if there are cache
> entries that are either hardly or even never used.

IMHO this fits better to statistics module rather than cache overview.
I my opinion we should deliver solution that gives user strong
conviction where he can find that cache entry, and location of that
cache entry shouldn't change in runtime.

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dariuszluksza