cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apachecon] Content Technology track, proposed rough schedule
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:40:43 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Thorsten Scherler
<thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> Hmm, for being a "content track" I see much general j2ee frameworks that
> has pretty much nothing to do with content (e.g. Wicket, Shinding).

The scope of the track was enlarged early on to cover also tools used
to build the user interfaces through which people publish content on
the web. There are a lot of interconnections between these projects
(many people use Wicket with Jackrabbit, Shindig with Roller, etc.) so
it makes sense to have them all in a single track.

> On the other the classic cocoon based projects like Cocoon, Forrest
> and Lenya do not get any spot.

I based the proposed allocation on the amount of interest and concrete
session proposals there are from each of the potential projects. Apart
from your "Best of breed" talk proposal and some generic interest from
Lenya I haven't seen much input from these projects.

> I understand that you put jackrabbit and sling as two tracks, but IMO
> they should go together in only one track. This way we can add a
> cocoon/forrest/lenya track in it.

I have eight Jackrabbit or Sling -related CFP submissions from six
different people and both Jackrabbit and Sling have people who've
actively been organizing meetups and other extra program in previous
ApacheCon. IMHO it isn't good to restrict their involvement in the
track to make space for projects that haven't been as proactive.

Of course I'm personally pretty involved with Jackrabbit and Sling so
I may be biased. Shane Curcuru (cc'd) is the conference planning
contact for the Content Technology track and can act as an independent
arbitrator if people feel I'm being unjust with the schedule
allocations.

BR,

Jukka Zitting