cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Statistics module.
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:11:50 GMT
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently I'm finishing milestone 3 (actually it is "cache overview")
> of my GSoC project and I've started to wondering about last part of
> this project: statistics module.
>
> I want that this module would be as much useful as it could be, so the
> main question is what statistics should be exposed in this module ?
>
> One proposition is monitoring of cache. Showing what cache entry's are:
> * most often read
> * most often generated
>
> I think that having some informations about pipeline usage would be
> also useful. Right now I think that exposing hit count for every named
> (it means that it has set "jmx-group-name" parameter) pipeline. This
> would be useful for proper cache configuration.
>
> Any other propositions ?

I think it is a good idea to get an overview of all cache entries that
are never used at all.

Also a general request counter would be useful (number of request in the
last 5 minutes, 60 minutes, 24 hours, since system start).

Finally a list of all available properties (see the settings bean) would
be a good idea.