cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3 monitoring] Cache overview
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:35:57 GMT
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Simone Gianni<simoneg@apache.org> wrote:
>>>

>> Just one quick comment for now (I'll get back to you with more thoughts
>> at the weekend but the discussions already goes into the right direction
>> IMHO):
>> Does this still work if you have thousands or tens of thousands cache
>> entries?
>>

> In this case it'll cost some CPU time and user patience to find elemnt
> that he is actually looking for, but right now I don't have anny other
> ideas ...

I was thinking the same when writing about the "burst" operations, that
will narrow down the list based on user input, making it possible to
work on a subset. IMHO there should not be a complete list service, or
it should report something like 100 entries and then state that there
are x-thousands more.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/