On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
>> IIRC each servlet-service has a special servlet context
>> o.a.c.servletservice.ServletServiceContext (cocoon-servlet-service-impl
>> module) which contains all necessary information (connections,
>> mount-points) but it doesn't expose them. If you can cast the
>> ServletContext to ServletServiceContext, you can safely assume that the
>> bean is a servlet-service.
>>
>> I suggest that you expose the necessary methods, or just for now, use a
>> private accessor.
>>
>> HTH
>>

> Yes, that helps me a lot. I've all ready created task in jira
> (COCOON3-38) and attached patches for this milestone.
>
> Generally, when I was witting my GSoC proposal I had in my mind
> another set of features, at that time "connections" means for me
> opened http connections not internal Servlet-Service connections.

Dariusz,

yes, that's out of scope of the GSoC project and I think that
Tomcat/Jetty already provide such information.

> But
> now when I know better ideas of Servlet-Services and Cocoon I know
> that getting that feature done would be very hard to achieve and
> requires lots of changes in many places. So for now I implement only
> small set of features ...

... that already look good!

I only have some (minor) suggestions:

1) I would prefer having all servlet services as nodes in the tree of
mbeans (similar to what Jetty does with servlets) and

2) also expose the servlet parameters.

3) show the short name of a connection additionally to the fully
qualified bean name

I've all ready attached new patch[1] to COCOON3-38 jira issue that covers that 3 new features.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12411359/servlet-services-monitor1.patch

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org