cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [c3-monitoring] Overview of Servlet-Services
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:40:08 GMT
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Reinhard Pötz<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

> IIRC each servlet-service has a special servlet context
> o.a.c.servletservice.ServletServiceContext (cocoon-servlet-service-impl
> module) which contains all necessary information (connections,
> mount-points) but it doesn't expose them. If you can cast the
> ServletContext to ServletServiceContext, you can safely assume that the
> bean is a servlet-service.
>
> I suggest that you expose the necessary methods, or just for now, use a
> private accessor.
>
> HTH

Yes, that helps me a lot. I've all ready created task in jira
(COCOON3-38) and attached patches for this milestone.

Generally, when I was witting my GSoC proposal I had in my mind
another set of features, at that time "connections" means for me
opened http connections not internal Servlet-Service connections. But
now when I know better ideas of Servlet-Services and Cocoon I know
that getting that feature done would be very hard to achieve and
requires lots of changes in many places. So for now I implement only
small set of features ...

--
Best regards

Blog: http://luksza.org