cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Laurent Medioni" <lmedi...@odyssey-group.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.1.11 - Mysterious FileSystem I/O operations when creating a new EnvironmentWrapper ???
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:56:00 GMT
Hi,
In the context of a cocoon:// redirect from a pipeline in a sub sitemap, we can notice some
weird FileSystem access on the .war of our application.

Looking at the code, when the SitemapSource creates a new EnvironmentWrapper (in fact in AbstractEnvironment.initComponents())
there is an attempt at resolving tempInitContext, leading to a new FileSource (in fact in
FileSource.init()) and a file.toURL()... Triggering FileSytem operations on the .war file...

While debugging it represents quite a few I/O operations for each request (due to several
includes through the cocoon protocol...).

Question: What can we do to avoid this ? Why trying to resolve an already known context ?
(the main sitemap one, easily accessible through rootContext no ?)

Any doc/info on this Environment management somewhere ?

Many thanks,
Laurent

 This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
 Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
 Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
 An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
 If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.