cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Leiter <e0515...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: cocoon profiling
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 11:51:56 GMT
Hi,

Sebastian Rosensteiner wrote:
> Sebastian here, one of the students working on cocoon-profiling. We are
> about to build a suitable data structure for the profiling data, and we
> are now facing the problem that a lot of data we store is redundant.
> This is because some of our aspects are very generic and intercept calls
> of the same object (e.g. a PipelineComponent) several times, storing the
> same information in several ProfilingData objects. I see no way to make
> the aspects more specific, since we have no information which servlets,
> sitemaps and pipeline components might be used and which methods are called.
>
> Measuring the runtime of servlets, sitemaps and pipeline components is
> now done at a method basis, which means that we have accurate data on
> the runtime of the intercepted methods, but no data on the runtime
> (lifetime) of a specific servlet or pipeline component.

this may sound a bit confusing to everyone not that much involved in
this subproject.  But we are trying to get our code into trunk.  As soon
as our initial patch [1] gets applied (Reinhard?) we'll provide a second
patch with actual code so you guys have a better understanding of what
we are talking about.  I hope some really interesting discussions can
start from there. :)

Regards
Christoph

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-36