cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Leiter <e0515...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [c3] Cocoon 3 Profiling student project
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 07:51:42 GMT
Hello,

we are two of the students who work on cocoon-profiling.

Now that the implementing phase of the project has started we provided
an initial patch [1] to add cocoon-profiling and
cocoon-profiling-firebug to the code base.  As of now the firebug
component has no dependencies because we are not exactly sure what maven
has to do in order to create a xpi file.

We created a prototype of the profiling component.  An aspect is used to
intercept method calls on relevant components.  From here the control
flow moves to an invocation dispatcher where specific handlers for
components can be registered.  A handler is responsible for creating the
profiling data for a component.  We'll store the data in a flexible
hierarchical data structure but this is not implemented yet.

If you have any questions, suggestions or feature requests please let us
know.

Michael & Christoph

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-36