cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3-monitoring] Logging reconfiguration.
Date Sat, 09 May 2009 09:48:55 GMT
Dariusz Łuksza wrote:
> 2009/5/5 Dariusz Łuksza <dariusz.luksza@gmail.com>:
>> I think that I'll tomorrow switch to SVN and I'll resend patches ...
>>

> OK, I switch to SVN and now I can provide TortoiseSVN compatible patches ;)
>
> I've already notice that you somehow apply my first patch from jira, I
> hope  that it wasn't relay hard to do that ;)

no, your second patch worked fine for me.

> In attach is a preview patch of logging configuration (generated by
> svn ;)).

I've applied your patch with some minor changes:

 . I changed the class names from being verbs to nouns
 . I prefer using the group name as part of bean ids
 . minor reformatting (variable names, using 'this')

> In few next days I'll provide rest of logging reconfiguration
> feature, it will be "reloading configuration file". I think that there
> would be two methods for that, one for properties and one for XML
> file. Before load that file in to log4j there would be some
> validation. First it would be a simple validation that would check
> that configuration file exist and is readable if everything goes OK,
> next would be more complex specialized for properties like files and
> XML files.

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing these new features being implemented.

> For properties files it would check, that at least one appender is
> defined. I don't know that it is enough for prevent of having log4j
> unconfigured.
>
> Validation of XML files would be more simple because it would be check
> that configuration matches to log4j XML configuration schema.
>
> Any more ideas ?

Your ideas sound good to me, nothing to add at the moment.