cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Juan José Vázquez Delgado <juanjo.vazq...@gmail.com>
Subject Cocoon and Sling
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:32:41 GMT
Hi all,

As discussed in a previous thread [1], some people think it would be a
good idea to take advantage of Cocoon´s pipelining and Sling request
processing capabilities working together.

We (Sling team) have implemented a first approach to this cooperation
using Cocoon 3 pipeline engine [2] and the W3C XProc recomendation [3]
in order to specify the pipelines to be performed. At least in the
beginning, the Cocoon sitemap concept has been discarded because of
quite overlapping between this one and Sling resource resolution.

The code is available here [4] and details about how it works here [5].

>From now on, I wonder whether Sling is the right place to keep on
implementing W3C XProc or it´s Cocoon instead. Is this stuff
interesting to Cocoon community and team?.

Regards,

Juanjo.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/owefsfj4eqbc4ifq#query:OSGi%20integration
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org//3.0/