cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dariusz Ɓuksza <dariusz.luk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 3 monitoring
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 02:59:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm student of Department of Computer Science of Western Pomerania
University of Technology (Szczecin, Poland) and I'm thinking of taking
part in GSoC09 and implement monitoring feature for Cocoon 3.

In attachment is my small patch for cocoon-servlet that presents
statistics of returned HTTP status codes via JMX service. To get it
working you must run maven jetty with additional option:
-DMAVEN_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
eg.
mvn -DMAVEN_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote jetty:run

I spent only (?) 5 hours on this patch (including setup of my
environment and supper ;)), must difficult part for me was to decide
what can I actually implement. First I was thinking of cache stats,
secondly about pipeline stats ... and I'm ended on HTTP response code
stats ;)

Short info about me:
I'm interested in programming from 8 years. I use to write my code in
Turbo Pascal, Perl, PHP and C/C++, for 2,5 year I'm coding in Java and
for about 2 years I'm working as Java Developer. Generally I'm Linux
freak, GSoC is for me great opportunity to share with community my
knowledge, time and passion, it is also great opportunity for improve
my Java skills and met new interesting people ;)

Regrades,
--
Blog: http://luksza.org
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dariuszluksza