cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 3 monitoring
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:43:36 GMT
Lahiru Samarakoon wrote:
> Hi Reinhard, Devs,
>
> I am a student of Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
> I am interested in participating gsoc '09 by contributing to the
> "Cocoon" project. I have
> gone through the 'gsoc 2009 project list" and interested in implementing
> "Cocoon 3 monitoring" .
>
> I have three year's experience in Java programming. I am also familiar
> with Spring and Log4j. //
> Is this idea vacant? If it is how should I proceed?

Lahiru,

your interest in Cocoon is very appreciated!

As a starting point have a look at
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/jmx.html
in order to get an idea how Spring supports JMX. I also suggest that you
checkout Cocoon 3 from SVN
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/) and try to get
it built and integrated into your IDE of choice
(http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/README.txt)

And here's a reference for a project proposal which is admittedly from
2005 but still a good example of what we expect from you:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonFormsLibraryProject

I would like to work together with you (and all other interested
students) towards such a project proposal and this year I also want to
encourage you to prepare a small patch that is somehow related with your
proposal or a small stand-alone demo (e.g. a Spring/JMX example).