cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <a...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [C3] Sitemap implemented in Scala
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 10:33:07 GMT
On Saturday 07 March 2009 10:18:58 Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> > So here it comes:
> > http://github.com/gkossakowski/apache-cocoon3/tree/scalaSitemapEval It's
> > a branch out of our existing trunk found in svn. The only affected module
> > is cocoon-sitemap.
>
> I tried to clone the repository by using following command:
>
> git clone git://github.com/gkossakowski/apache-cocoon3.git
>
> and got this outpout:
>
> Initialized empty Git repository in [some-path]/.git/
> remote: Counting objects: 7860, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2229/2229), done.
> remote: Total 7860 (delta 3194), reused 7699 (delta 3071)
> Receiving objects: 100% (7860/7860), 963.25 KiB | 187 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (3194/3194), done.
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> I use git (msysgit 1.6.1-preview20081227) on Windows Vista.
>
> Any suggestions (except changing the OS ;-) )?

This has nothing to do with your OS (although I'm still the opinion that
changing to linux won't be the worst decision :P)

The problem is that the HEAD is pointing to a master which does not exist.

Doing git branch -a showing you all branches in the git repository. For me the
output of the command was:

[pieber@coprime apache-cocoon3]$ git branch -a
  origin/scalaPipeline
  origin/scalaSitemapEval

As you can see no local branch exists. This could be created with git branch -
b master origin/scalaPipeline

[pieber@coprime apache-cocoon3]$ git checkout -b master origin/scalaPipeline
warning: You appear to be on a branch yet to be born.
warning: Forcing checkout of origin/scalaPipeline.
Branch master set up to track remote branch refs/remotes/origin/scalaPipeline.
Already on "master"

by the way with this command

git checkout -b otherBranch origin/scalaSitemapEval

you can access the other branch in the repo. With

git checkout BRANCHNAME

you can switch between the branches. All localbranches could be seen with the
command

git branch

Hope this helps!

Andreas