cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Block resources and proxying
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:33:53 GMT
On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 14:41 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> > Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> >> We usually use httpd mod_cache for static resources in our projects but
> >> some sysadmins don't like it (don't ask me why).
> >>

> > Too bad, I would be very curious to hear why it's a bad idea.
> >
> > I can say why configuring httpd to access some resources directly is a bad idea.
It's simply mixing of layers that
> > sooner or later will introduce some headaches (think of SSF for e.g.) or will limit
application developer in artificial way.

> I totally agree. Using mod_cache instead of directly exposing files to
> HTTPD already saved me a lot of deployment hassle.

Thanks all for your replies!

Will now present the following solutions to our production:
1) Use mod_cache for all static resources and read it once from cocoon
2) Write a listener that uses DeploymentUtil.deployBlockArtifacts(...)
on a path they want
3) Let them extract the jar.

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)