cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IncludeXMLConsumer with RedundantNamespacesFilter does not output comments
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:21:39 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
>> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 10:09 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I encountered a very weird problem that happened suddenly. ...
>>> You can test it by doing
>>
>> I opened an issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2253
>> which contains a test class and instructions to use them.
>>
>>> I see (while debugging) in the IncludeXMLConsumer that comment(...) is
>>> not being called but does it e.g. for startElements.
>>>
>>> Anybody has a clue what is going on?
>>
>> I welcome ANY suggestions.
>
> StringXMLizable.toSAX() sets only the content handler of the SAX parser.
> I think this approach is not sufficent to include comments. You'd have
> to attach a LexialHandler as well:
>
> final LexicalHandler lexicalHandler = …; (receives comment events);

BTW, since IncludeXMLConsumer implements LexicalHandler, you can just
attach that one:

IncludeXMLConsumer consumer = new IncludeXMLConsumer(super.xmlConsumer);

parser.getXMLReader().setContentHandler(consumer);

parser.getXMLReader().setProperty(
   "http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler",
   consumer);

-- Andreas