cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Servlet service: polymorphism and connections
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:35:41 GMT
Hi Grzegorz, hi Reinhard,

thanks for your replies!

Reinhard Pötz schrieb:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Andreas Hartmann pisze:

[…]

> Andreas, have a look at "bean-maps" which are provided by the Spring
> Configurator. You could have your validators implement a particular
> interface and then you can collect them by using a bean-map. The you can
> implement a validator servlet-service that uses this bean-map and does
> the validation. Of course the last step is only necessary if you need to
> get access to the validator services by using the servlet protocol.

I found the documentation on bean maps and Grzegorz' blog entry, but I'm
not quite sure if I understand the concept correctly. At a first glance
it looks very similar to Avalon selectors.

E.g. if I instantiate two beans like this:

   <bean name="myproject.Service/foo" … />
   <bean name="myproject.Service/bar" … />

Is this sufficient for accessing the beans via the bean map?

   <bean name="my-client-bean">
     <property name="services">
       <configurator:bean-map type="myproject.Service">
     </property>
   </bean>

   Service foo = (Service) services.get("foo")

If this is correct, it would solve the problem of registering the beans
at runtime (IIUC this is the major purpose of the bean map?).

For my understanding: Would this be equivalent to getting the bean
directly from the app context?

   Service foo = (…) context.getBean(Service.class.getName() + "/foo")

Of course this has the disadvantage that a dependency to Spring is
necessary.

Thanks again!

-- Andreas

--