cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Boksa <mailingli...@boksa.de>
Subject Bug in Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.0 (!?)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:33:07 GMT
Hi List,

attached is a reproducible error I get when using the Cocoon Spring
Configurator 2.0 in "stand-alone" mode. The idea is to use the
configurator to implement a kind of ServiceLocator which internally
uses Spring and hides away the implementation details from the user
(let me know if this is completely bullshit…). It uses its own
configuration directories (META-INF/foo-service/{spring,properties})
to not get any conflicts with "standard" cocoon locations.

Nevertheless here is the procedure to reproduce the error that drives
me mad:

1. Expand the attached file and change to the "configurator-test"-
directory
2. run "mvn test" (you will see that two Strings ("Hello" and "Har
Har") are printed, where "Har Har" is configured using a
PropertyPlaceholder - this is the expected behaviour)
3. run "mvn install" to install the configurator-test artifact to you
local repository (don't forget to delete it later)
4. change to the test directory (cd ../test)
5. run mvn jetty:run
6. Open you browser and go to http://localhost:8888/test/spring-bean
7. BOOOM! You will see a "BeanDefinitionStoreException: Could not
resolve placeholder 'test.text'" - which works fine in step 2

This leads me to the assumption that /META-INF/foo-service/spring/
foo.xml from configurator-test is read correctly but the Spring
Configurator somehow fails to read /META-INF/foo-service/properties/
foo.properties…

If you need further information let me know about it - if I did
something wrong please let me know. I would be glad if you could
actually help me to fix this error as I can't imagine another solution
for my problem.

Please help me and let me know if I should file a bug report. Thanks
in advance

Benjamin