cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Boksa <mailingli...@boksa.de>
Subject Re: Bug in Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.0 (!?)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:24:58 GMT
Hi Leszek,

thanks you very much for looking into my problem:

> I have run your test scenario. Please use the following statement:
>
>> 	<configurator:settings>
>> 	  <configurator:include-beans dir="classpath*:/META-INF/foo-
>> service/spring"/>
>> 	  <configurator:include-properties dir="classpath*:/META-INF/foo-
>> service/properties"/>
>> 	</configurator:settings>
>
> using classpath*: ensures that spring will scan all available jars
> for that path and aggregate the results.

That (scanning all jars) actually was one of the things I tried to
avoid (as this might cause problems with the same directories existing
in two jars). Not very likely, I know, but avoidable as the
configurator test-case shows. Nevertheless I applied your changes and
ran into the same problem:

> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
> Error creating bean with name 'foo.test.service': Invocation of init
> method failed; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
> bean named 'org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver' is defined

After doing some further investigations on that point I found out (mvn
dependency:tree) the cocoon-core 2.2.0 still uses the (old) 1.0.2
configurator which does not seem to support the include-properties
setting (I could not find any documentation on that point and I do not
know how to get the sources of the 1.0.2 artifact :-( ).

Is there any recommended dependeny/dependency-exclusion setup to make
cocoon-core utilize the new (2.0.0) spring-configurator? I have tried
several dependency-configurations but was not able to find a working
one.

I would be really glad for any help on that point - as you can image I
am quite clueless at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any information

Benjamin