cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] redirect-to/@uri optional?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:09:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's again me trying to understand current sitemap design. This time
> I wonder if it's intended that  redirect-to/@uri is optional. I fail
> to see how implementation of redirect-to handles this case in any
> meaningful way.

I haven't tried it now what happens if the there is no @uri attribute
but from reading the code some exception in the RedirectorComponent will
occur. It's probably better to throw a meaningful exception in the
RedirectorNode.

> The same concern (about too many of optional attributes) applies to
> call instruction.
>
> BTW. Was the idea of having extensible sitemap syntax discussed
> earlier? As it something new I wonder what was the main idea behind
> such a design decision.

Why do you think that this is new? When Sylvain wrote the TreeProcessor,
 one of his main goals was extensibility.