cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation System [was: Spring Configurator Docs]
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:11:32 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> Apparently, there is a mess with configurator docs.
>>
>> Here you can see that there are no 2.0 docs:
>> http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/subprojects/configuration/
>>
>> Even if we have a link to them here:
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/
>>
>> This looks like someone forgot to regenerate docs after the release.
>>
>> Anyway, this does not explain why docs are not reachable even if I remember they
were. I'll try to ask git bisect for a
>> faulty commit.
>>
>> Will report my findings.
>
> Ok, I found the faulty change:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g7/1329/version/5/diff?otherVersion=6
>
> As you can see, this change removed the whole table that linked to documentation of Configurator.
I have no clue on this
> change so I guess we'll need to ask Reinhard what's going on.
>
> As a side-note: I can feel your pain with our current documentation system. I don't think
it's fundamentally flawed but
> little bit not maintained-enough. There are areas for improvements.
> The biggest I can see is removing mismatch between version information stored in svn
and daisy. Daisy lacks any
> information about our artifacts we are releasing which leads to annoying problems.

I think there are too many steps involved in getting something out -
adding chapters is really a pain; and as we see above we're loosing
content and nearly noone notices this and nearly noone knows how to
restore this.
And still I think the resulting urls are really not pretty urls, I
really would prefer something like
http://cocoon.apache.org/spring-configurator/index.html

But again, maybe it's just me.

Carsten