cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation System [was: Spring Configurator Docs]
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:56:08 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Apparently, there is a mess with configurator docs.
>
> Here you can see that there are no 2.0 docs:
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site/site/subprojects/configuration/
>
> Even if we have a link to them here:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/
>
> This looks like someone forgot to regenerate docs after the release.
>
> Anyway, this does not explain why docs are not reachable even if I remember they were.
I'll try to ask git bisect for a
> faulty commit.
>
> Will report my findings.

Ok, I found the faulty change:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g7/1329/version/5/diff?otherVersion=6

As you can see, this change removed the whole table that linked to documentation of Configurator.
I have no clue on this
change so I guess we'll need to ask Reinhard what's going on.

As a side-note: I can feel your pain with our current documentation system. I don't think
it's fundamentally flawed but
little bit not maintained-enough. There are areas for improvements.
The biggest I can see is removing mismatch between version information stored in svn and daisy.
Daisy lacks any
information about our artifacts we are releasing which leads to annoying problems.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski