cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: Spring Configurator Docs
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:04:02 GMT
I have to agree that the current documentation system is a bit of a
nightmare.

As I see it there are too many hurdles that have to be passed through
before documents become visible to the general public.  I had a go at
updating a few pages using the Daisy system.  Editing an existing
document is easy enough but I never had the time to learn how to drive
the navigation sytem... and I suspect nobody else did either ;-)  This
is why moving between docs is so difficult.

Also it might have seemed like a brilliant idea to extract documentation
directly out of the code but that actually adds a further barrier to
getting it done as you are then faced with updating the code when all
you wanted to do was write about it.

The final hurdle is that even after you have edited the page and made it
active it still isn't visible on the main Cocoon site until some arcane
command line incantations are performed.

Bring back the wiki I say!

Regards,
David Legg