cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release cocoon-xml 2.0.0
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:12:06 GMT
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I've assembled a first release candidate for the new xml sub project
> containing useful stuff for dom and sax handling. The module is small
> and focused and could be used as a utility lib for C3.

I've had a look at the release candidate.

I'm not sure about the utility of the SAXUtils class.  I think using
them will tend to obfuscate any code that uses it but it's a minor point.

I'm not too happy about the various 'protected' fields like the ones in
SAXBuffer.java or DOMBuilder.java etc.  It would be all too easy to
write code that accidentally abused these fields.  I suppose this could
be fixed later by making them private.

Here's my

+1

Regards,