cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Boksa <mailingli...@boksa.de>
Subject Re: Bug in Cocoon Spring Configurator 2.0 (!?)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:03:44 GMT
Am 12.02.2009 um 14:29 schrieb Leszek Gawron:

> Benjamin Boksa wrote:
>> Hi Leszek,
>> thanks you very much for looking into my problem:
>>> I have run your test scenario. Please use the following statement:

>>> using classpath*: ensures that spring will scan all available jars
>>> for that path and aggregate the results.
>> That (scanning all jars) actually was one of the things I tried to
>> avoid (as this might cause problems with the same directories
>> existing in two jars). Not very likely, I know, but avoidable as
>> the configurator test-case shows.
>
> One more comment: there is completely no problem if every jar has /
> META-INF/properties/application.properties file. Every file has
> unique URL and the property placeholder will pick all of them. Treat
> it more like a nice feature than a problem :)

Not sure if I understand you on that one… Let's assume there are two
"foo.properties" files both containing a property "bar" - when using
the settings above how does the spring-configurator decide which is
the right property to use? I think this might result in a problem (the
wrong "bar"-property is used)…

However the big problem/misunderstanding/bug is that with my the
original settings

    <configurator:settings>
      <configurator:include-beans dir="/META-INF/foo-service/spring"/>
      <configurator:include-properties dir="META-INF/foo-service/
properties"/>
    </configurator:settings>

the bean definitions seem to be read correctly while the properties
are not - which I absolutely can't understand. I feel a bit like going
in circles and can't find any good resources (despite of Leszek ;-) )
which might help me solve this problem.

So if you have further information please let me know :-)

Thanks for you time

Benjamin