cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <a...@gmx.at>
Subject [c3] osginize jars
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:21:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm in the situation that I require the cocoon-pipeline-artefacts in a
standalone eclipse RCP-application. I like to use the cocoon XML pipeline
directly from my code to write parts of HUGE XML files directly into the
database (as domain-objects). I osginized the bundles by using the felix-
bundle-plugin. I think we could safely osginize all cocoon3 artefacts in that
way.

There could be some issues with AOP in an OSGi environment and it may also be
nice to provide some sitemap services as OSGi services. But IMHO this could be
done in another iteration since the pipeline-API (including cocoon-sax and
cocoon-stax) work very well without considering these (possible) issues.

I provided a patch showing how simple it is to osginize a cocoon component
with the felix-bundle-plugin (in this example the cocoon-pipeline artefact).

I know there was already a discussion about sending patches in the mailing-
list but IMHO its much easier to discuss it here than creating an issue and
discussing it in JIRA.

On positive feedback I'll open a feature request and provide a patch
osginizing all cocoon3 artifacts.

So WDYT?

Andreas