Hi Raffaele,

we have a similar setup running at our customers site with over 6500 users and we are using apache mod_jk for loadbalancing and tomcat 6 as appserver on linux with mysql on aix.
our software stack includes:
- cocoon 2.1.10
- hibernate 3
- spring 2.5.

There are a number of issues you have to consider in order to get this to work:

a) turn on stickysession in your loadbalancer, if you are using cocoon continuations (like being used in cforms), because then http sessions can not be replicated accross cluster nodes! (the continuation enriched http session is not serializable anylonger...)
b) turn on cache replication for the hibernate second level cache. if you are using ehcache, it is possible with latest version. however we had to tweak the configuration a bit that it worked finally.  if you don't manage to get it work, turn off second level cache or turn it only on at those tables where there are almost no write operations.

cheers,

Gabriel

Mika Lehtonen <mika@digikartta.net>

14.01.2009 15:25