cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Stevens" <insomniacpeng...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Imaging Module
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:09:23 GMT
2009/1/19 Steven Dolg <steven.dolg@indoqa.com>:
> Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
>> On Jan 15, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>> But question is, can you aggregate, include images?
>
> There is no component for that yet. But I'm confident this is easily
> possible.

Interesting problem - what exactly would an "aggregate" image be?  The
relevant parts side by side, one below the other, as separate layers
in a combined image?  If the latter, what "mode" would you use to
combine them - blend/burn/multiply/as a mask - and what opacities?
Should they be scaled to the same size before combining or not?
Doesn't really fit with the usual map:aggregate/map:part without a ton
of extra info as to how it should be done.

OTOH, something like the include transformer might work better - an
input document describing how the images should be combined, with
:include elements specifying the various other input sources.  But
then you need a pipeline that handles both XML and image data...
Sounds like fun ;-)

Regards,

Andy
--