cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Gruber <Gabriel.Gru...@workflow.at>
Subject Re: Cluster Cocoon 2.1.9 Applications
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:37:54 GMT
Hi Raffaele,

we have a similar setup running at our customers site with over 6500 users
and we are using apache mod_jk for loadbalancing and tomcat 6 as appserver
on linux with mysql on aix.
our software stack includes:
- cocoon 2.1.10
- hibernate 3
- spring 2.5.

There are a number of issues you have to consider in order to get this to
work:

a) turn on stickysession in your loadbalancer, if you are using cocoon
continuations (like being used in cforms), because then http sessions can
not be replicated accross cluster nodes! (the continuation enriched http
session is not serializable anylonger...)
b) turn on cache replication for the hibernate second level cache. if you
are using ehcache, it is possible with latest version. however we had to
tweak the configuration a bit that it worked finally.  if you don't manage
to get it work, turn off second level cache or turn it only on at those
tables where there are almost no write operations.

cheers,

Gabriel

Mika Lehtonen <mika@digikartta.net>
14.01.2009 15:25