cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Imaging Module
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:23:18 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
> On Jan 15, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
>> Steven Dolg wrote:
>>> I planned to come up with an Imaging Module for quite some time now.
>>
>> I'm +1 to add the patch to the C3 code base.
>
> +1.
>
> But question is, can you aggregate, include images?
There is no component for that yet. But I'm confident this is easily
possible.

AFAICS Java2D is quite powerful when it comes to manipulating images.
However there are are lot of things to consider like using direct models
(I think this is the correct term - but not sure) as I did or not, etc.
- and I'm not really an expert in this field...

> This module also would need a good demo.
Definitely!

I'm already thinking about providing some propery documentation,
explaining the different transformations (like "input-image" ->
"transformation" -> "output-image").
But a demo might be a really cool addition to that.

Regards,
Steven