cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Pipeline component event types
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:59:02 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> The situation is similar to Spring which allows the wiring of components
> that don't fit together. As long as I get proper error messages I don't
> really have a problem with it.
Now, I think Spring config can be a nightmare, but that's a different
problem :)
Yes, proper error messages are a must.

> Currently we have 3 different pipeline implementations (noncaching,
> caching, async-caching). Your approach would multiply these three
> implementations with the content specific implementations that we would
> have to maintain separately. This doesn't sound like a promising approach.
Now, the impl should be shareable, I totally agree that having to maintain
9 (or more) implementations that vary only a little bit is a nightmare.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org