cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C3] Pipeline component event types
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:04:08 GMT
Reinhard Pötz write:
>>> Agreed. How do you know what kind of wrapper do you need if you don't
>>> know what kind of events components consume and produce?
>
> My assumption is that the developer that uses the pipeline knows what he
> does.
:) While this assumption *should* be true, we all know that in most
cases it is not. So I fear many people will stumble across this problem.

But I have one question: if we don't allow to mix different event types
in a single pipeline (and I guess by event types we mean sax, dom, stax)
why do we have a generic pipeline interface?

Wouldn't it be better/easier to have a sax pipeline, a dom pipeline, a
stax pipeline, perhaps sharing a common interface?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org