cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Extract SAX from the Pipeline module
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:24:22 GMT
Steven Dolg schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> as indicated some time ago, I would like to remove all the SAX related
> pipeline components from the Pipeline module and put them into their
> own module.
>
> Now I have done this locally just to see how easy or difficult this
> would be.
> I found that some modules (e.g. cocoon-servlet) actually rely on those
> SAX components.
> This means the dependencies amongst the modules will change a little
> bit and the SAX module will actually be a dependency for some other
> higher-level modules. (But I find nothing wrong with that).
> But this also means the patch will be rather huge and affect a lot of
> the existing modules.
>
> I intend to finish this and provide a patch in the next 1-2 weeks.
I have moved all SAX related components to the new module cocoon-sax.
Prodiving a patch was not (easily) possible however, since the move
operations in SVN are transparent to patches - so I commited the changes
directly.
I hope this does not cause any problems.

So far I have not renamed any components or packages to reduce possible
merge conflicts to a minimum.
However I had to make some small adjustments to some classes (e.g. where
SAX and non-SAX specific methods were collected in the one class).

> As second step I'd like to rename some of those components to clearly
> indicate that they're handling XML using SAX - as opposed to our new
> components using StAX.
> But I guess that can (and should) wait until the new module is there.
As mentioned above I will come up with a patch or two to correct the
class and package names later.
However this will take another week or so... :-)

Steven