cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [c3] Pipeline results
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 07:02:19 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>> I want to provide a SAX buffer to the pipeline and the serializer just
>> passes the SAX events to it.
> Ah, ok.
>
>>> As the output stream is a runtime object for the finisher it should be
>>> treated like other objects of this kind (the src url for the file
>>> generator for example etc.) which means it should be passed in through
>>> the parameters for the finisher.
>> I'm not sure if I understand your idea: Do you propose to change the
>> interface this way?
>>
>> setup(Map<String, Object> outputParameters,
>>       Map<String, Object> inputParameters);
>>

>> The client of the pipeline API has to put the objects for the serializer
>> into the output parameters map and the serializer gets them passed so
>> that it can manipulate them?
> Yes, but I thought about just using:
>
> setup(Map<String, Object> parameters);
>
> so we don't differentiate between input and output parameters. Maybe two
> parameter maps make more sense.

Rethinking this, we should just use one parameters map. Other parameters
affecting the output like the encoding or the doctype (html, xhtml...)
are parameters in this map as well. And in the end these are all output
parameters, so we would end up with defining input parameters for all
pipeline components except the finisher, while the finisher just uses
the output parameters. Therefore one map seems to be the better solution.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org