cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Extract SAX from the Pipeline module
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:44:14 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> Steven Dolg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as indicated some time ago, I would like to remove all the SAX related
>> pipeline components from the Pipeline module and put them into their own
>> module.
>>
>> Now I have done this locally just to see how easy or difficult this
>> would be.
>> I found that some modules (e.g. cocoon-servlet) actually rely on those
>> SAX components.
>> This means the dependencies amongst the modules will change a little bit
>> and the SAX module will actually be a dependency for some other
>> higher-level modules. (But I find nothing wrong with that).
>> But this also means the patch will be rather huge and affect a lot of
>> the existing modules.
>>
>> I intend to finish this and provide a patch in the next 1-2 weeks.
>> If someone is currently working on some components or modules this might
>> lead to a merge-mess.
>> So let me know if this might be a problem for you.

I have some work related to both sitemap and pipeline modules but I hope my tools (Git) will
help me
with merging fun.

Could you possibly split your work into a few smaller patches focused on one simple step of
refactoring? That would make my job easier I guess.

Thanks for your work.

>> As second step I'd like to rename some of those components to clearly
>> indicate that they're handling XML using SAX - as opposed to our new
>> components using StAX.
>> But I guess that can (and should) wait until the new module is there.
>>

>> Any opinions or objections on that?
>
> +1
>
> What module and packages names do we want to use? I see two different
>
>  a) cocoon-sax (org.apache.cocoon.sax)
>  b) cocoon-pipeline-sax (org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.sax)
>
> I prefer b) because the module is a specific module for pipelines.

+1

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski