cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <>
Subject [C3] Extract SAX from the Pipeline module
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:30:45 GMT

as indicated some time ago, I would like to remove all the SAX related
pipeline components from the Pipeline module and put them into their own

Now I have done this locally just to see how easy or difficult this
would be.
I found that some modules (e.g. cocoon-servlet) actually rely on those
SAX components.
This means the dependencies amongst the modules will change a little bit
and the SAX module will actually be a dependency for some other
higher-level modules. (But I find nothing wrong with that).
But this also means the patch will be rather huge and affect a lot of
the existing modules.

I intend to finish this and provide a patch in the next 1-2 weeks.
If someone is currently working on some components or modules this might
lead to a merge-mess.
So let me know if this might be a problem for you.

As second step I'd like to rename some of those components to clearly
indicate that they're handling XML using SAX - as opposed to our new
components using StAX.
But I guess that can (and should) wait until the new module is there.

Any opinions or objections on that?

View raw message