cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <a...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [RT] C3: Cleaning up SAX module
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:10:53 GMT
SEE https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-22

Carsten Ziegeler commented on COCOON3-22:
>Ok, having worked with the xml consumer interface for years now, I came to
the conclusion that things get much simpler if you just rely on content
handler
>It makes using the sax stuff much easier and more convenient - I don't think
that we need to keep the stax stuff and other impl in sync just for the sake
of having them in sync.

I really like the idea of having a common base architecture between all
components (sax, stax, ...). I'm not sure if we really have to hold them in
sync since its more a basic architectural decision to rely on an a special
Producer/Consumer interface than a syncing task. But I just wanted to point
out that we sacrifice this basic architecture (existing at the moment) if we
remove XConsumer/XProducer. I doesn't want to say that we should not do it, if
there are more advantages than drawbacks :)

>But please let's do this discussion in the mailing list - i've started an RT
some days ago about this topic and so far got only positive response (from
Sylvain)

I'm very sorry for that but the last days in January are always very painful
for Austrian students...