cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Tejo Alonso" <carlos.t...@fundacionctic.org>
Subject RE: [Documentation] Develop a Generator
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:43:14 GMT
[Sorry for the last empty email.]

Hello,

> > I was looking for documentacion about "how to develop a
> Generator" and
> > "how to develop a serializer". This is the last documentation that I
> > have found:  [1] and [2].
> >
> > Is this documentation the properly one to create generators for
> > Cocoon-3?
> >
> The documentation mentioned is specific for Cocoon 2.2.

:-(

> Unfortunately we have very little documentation for Cocoon 3
> as of this
> time and none of that contains anything about writing custom
> generators
> or serializers, I'm afraid.
> So at this moment I can only suggest to have a look at the generators
> and serializers already available and come back with specific
> questions.

> The module "cocoon-optional" contains some custom generators and
> serializers contributed recently by Simone Tripodi - they all are
> compatible with the other SAX components from Cocoon 3.
> So this may be a good starting point (I assume you intend to build
> generators/serializers for XML processed with SAX).

That's the situation:

I want to extract information using different "ways" (http, svn, cvs).
This information is encoded using different formats (xml, .odt). The
result of the generator or the generator+transformer should be the same
information in an intermediate format.
I would like to know if I have to develop a generator for the "way" and
a transformer to the intermediate format or I just need to develop a
transformer.

> I am willing to offer as much assistance as my time schedule
> allows and
> answer any question that may arise.

Thanks!

Regards,