cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: WURFL + COCOON (WALL Serializer)
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:51:41 GMT
Remon wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> I just want to integrate WALL in cocoon, I need to find a way to pass a
> universal markup (understood by my program) which is in XML format from
> cocoon XML transformer or generator to the custom serializer and let this
> serializer decides whether to serve the client with WML or HTML or CHTML ...
>
> This means that the output markup and content type will be decided by the
> serializer.

Look, serializers are meant to be "dumb" components in Cocoon while the
routing is done by the sitemap itself (or flowscript/javaflow).

If I were you I'd call the HTML (or WML) serializer from the sitemap
itself using the browser seletor, hence dropping this logic from your
package: this solution would add some flexibility and play on the
existing Cocoon components.

The sitemap would look something like:
<map:match pattern="hello">
	<map:generate src="hello.xml"/>