cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: WURFL + COCOON (WALL Serializer)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:38:10 GMT
Remon wrote:

> What I need to do is developing a new cocoon Serializer called WALL to
> work with my package. My Idea is to fetch XML from a source generator,
> transform it using XSLT to my XML defined tags, pass it to the Developed
> serializer for converting the XML and setting the document content type
> and generating the text output.

Not sure I understood your proposal: custom serializers are there for
converting to non-XML format, but, as far as I understood, your package
produces some form of XML (well, it  might malformed XML, right ?),
which can be serialized using the XML serializer or the HTML serializer.

What you propose sounds more the job of a transformer (XML in - XML out,
or, more properly: SAX in - SAX out).

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it